Difficulty of recipe preparation: Intermediate
Preparation time: 15 mins to prep 2-3 hours to set
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Raw Split Chickpeas – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery(Palm Sugar) – 1/2 cup grated
- Dessicated Coconut – 2 tbsps
- Lite Milk – 1/4 cup
- Nutmeg powder – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsps
- Gelatin(Powder form) – 1and 1/2 tsps
- Water – 7 cups
- Cook raw split chickpeas in 6 cups of water on medium flame until soft. Stir occassionally.
Add extra water if necessary.
- Once cooked, drain excess water. Combine grated jaggery, lite milk, vanilla essence and nutmeg.
- Blitz the pudding mix until smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In another cup, add gelatin to 1/4 cup of cold water. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour the gelatin in the pudding mix and stir until combined.
- Pour pudding in bowls and set in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- To serve, remove pudding from bowl by placing a plate over the top of the bowl and turning it upside down and shaking gently.
- Garnish with dessicated coconut, sultanas and walnuts.
1. Based on the type of split chickpeas, the quantity of water used for cooking may vary.
2. For extra coconut flavour, replace lite milk with coconut milk.
3. Use your own choice of nuts to garnish.