Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 slices gluten free pitta bread
- 1g oil spray (Olive)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tin 200g Ardmona chopped tomatoes with mixed herbs
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 100g lean beef mince
- 100g lentils drained
- 1 tsp low fat sour cream
- 1 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Pre heat oven 180c.
- Finely chop onion, crush garlic, chop tomato and avocado.3. Cut pitta bread into triangles and place on baking tray and bake for 5 minutes
- Spray fry pan with oil over medium heat, add onion and cook until soft. Add chilli powder and garlic and cook stirring for only a few seconds.
- Add beef and cook 5min or until browned. Stir in lentils and canned tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid has reduced.
- Combine the fresh tomato and avocado in a bowl. Place pitta bread on the plate top with the beef and lentil mix, then fresh tomato and avocado sprinkle parmesan on the top.