Difficulty of recipe preparation: Intermediate
Preparation time: 20
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 cup split pigeon peas
- 1/4 cup split bengal gram
- 1/4 cup white split black gram
- 1/4 cup yellow moong dal
- 1/4 cup bulgur soaked
- 1/4 cup greated potato
- 1/4 cup grated pumpkin
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 heaped tablespoon ginger,chilli,garlic paste
- 1 cup sour curds
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- pich of asafoetida
- 2-3 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 -2 tsp of soda bi-carb
- 2 dry red chillies
- salt to taste
- Wash and soak all the lentils for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Grind them to a semi-fine paste next morning with the sour curds and water used for soaking.Use extra water if needed.
- Leave to ferment for another 5-6 hours.
- Add the turmeric,red chilli power,ginger-chilli-garlic paste,sugar ,salt to taste,all the grated vegetables,soda-bicarb and mix properly.Add the soaked bulgur too.
- To make the tempering for the cake,heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds,dry red chillies,seeds,dry red chillies,asafoetida and sesame seeds.Add this tempering to the cake mixture and mix again.Pour the mixture in a greased cake tin and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 mins at 180 degrees.Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let it cool.Cut and serve with corinader chutney.
Can be eaten as a nutritious main meal or a snack.