Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 400 g skinless, chicken breast or tenderloins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cubes reduced-salt chicken stock
- 600 g pumpkin, cubed
- 200 g canned chickpeas
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half moon pieces
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a pan with canola oil cooking spray and place on medium heat. Cook the chicken until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Meanwhile, add the powdered stock cubes (or stock powder) to 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Add quinoa and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 mins. Add cubed pumpkin to quinoa and continue to cook for 5 mins. Add chickpeas and zucchini and cook for another 3 minutes, adding water if required.
- Remove quinoa pilaf from heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Shred chicken breasts with a fork. Spoon pilaf into bowls, top with chicken and serve.
This recipe is not only nutritious but also both FODMAP friendly (when using no onion, no garlic stock powder, and Jap pumpkin) and gluten free, making it an ideal dish to serve up for anyone! Shred the chicken into smaller pieces and toss through to take along as a healthy side dish to barbecues or picnics!