Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- 460g cooked chickpeas
- 4 x 60g free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g grated pumpkin
- 200g leek, sliced thinly and washed thoroughly
- 200g feta, cubed
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan and saute’ leek until soft, add curry powder and cook for 1 minute, set aside.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor bowl and roughly process, transfer to a medium bowl, add leek mixture to chickpeas and add the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Shape into 12 burgers using a 1/4 cup measure.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and spray with a small amount of olive oil, cook burgers on each side until golden.
For a delicious satisfying main meal serve burgers in between a fresh multi-grain roll with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, cheese and topped of with home made tomato chutney.