Difficulty of recipe preparation: Intermediate
Preparation time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 x 8 rib; French trimmed Dorpoer lamb cutlets
- 150g Lupin flake
- 30g rice flour
- 15g Ras el Hanout
- 500ml Fini Olive Oil
- 1 grilled lemon
- 10g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50g zaatar
- 1 sweet potato large, peeled
- 8 golden beetroot pieces
- 2 medium beetroot pieces
- Garlic oil – fresh garlic in extra virgin olive oil
- 80g fresh goat’s cheese (or danish feta)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 piece finger lime
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 60ml chardonnay vinegar
- 15g cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon quill piece (broken up)
- Pink river salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Peel and cut beetroot into cubes, toss with garlic oil and season with salt, Trim and peel golden beetroots and toss with garlic oil and season with salt. Peel and cut sweet potato into cubes (1cm2) toss with garlic oil, season. Place beetroot and sweet potato onto a roasting tray, roast until cooked but crisp.
- Place all the beetroot trimmings on a tray with garlic oil and season, roast in the oven until soft, then blend to make a fine puree, finish with a touch of vinegar.
- Cut lamb racks into 8×2 ribs. Lightly coat double lamb cutlets in rice flour. Dip into egg wash (beaten eggs). Coat in lupin crumb and season.
- Heat pan, add oil and check temperature before placing cutlets into pan. Cook until golden and turn over. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from pan, place on a tray and finish cooking in hot oven (4-5 minutes).
- Remove cutlets from oven and place on absorbent paper and rest in a warm place (uncovered).
- Sprinkle 2 half lemons with sugar and grill in pan.
- Toast lupin flake in the oven then mix with salt, cumin and cinnamon powder, blend or mortar.
- Roughly crush macadamia nuts and add to roast beetroot.
- Remove sweet potato and beetroot from the oven when cooked.
- Add the beetroot, sweet potato, nuts, parsley and crumbled goats cheese together. Season with lupin salt.
- To serve: Place a circular ring on the plate, spoon in the beetroot and the sweet potato mix, press down, then remove the ring and sprinkle with lupin salt and picked parsley and finger lime. Drizzle with vinegar and extra virgin olive oil (50/50).
- Place lamb alongside sweet potato and lupin salad, serve with grilled lemon alongside.
- Smear a little beetroot puree across the plate.
- Accompany with the lupin and cumin salt.