Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 30
Cooking time: 20
- 80g thinly sliced Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum halved, deseeded and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 can lentils rinsed and drained
- 400g baby brussel sprouts, cleaned , cut vertically in half then thinly shredded
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 4 tbs Lemon juice
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- ½ cup Macadamia halves + 2 tblsp
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius fan grill.
Place the Jerusalem artichokes on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Cook for 20 mins or until crisp and brown turning them around halfway. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn. Set aside.
- In a shallow frypan add 2 tsp Olive Oil on low to medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and season. Cook until starting to soften then add the capsicum strips. Stir until the strips start becoming soft. Remove from heat.
- Prepare lentils, brussell sprouts. Set aside. Prepare the dressing adding a pinch of salt and lightly whisk with a fork.
- Add all ingredients together incorporating well including dressing except for the Jerusalem artichoke chips and extra 2 tblsp macadamias. These will go on last just before serving
If not eating immediately then wait to put the wet ingredients (dressing, onions, capsicum mix) until just before serving as salad can go soggy.