Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup rice flour (optional)
- 2 cups sour yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups boiled un-split lentils with seed coat till extra soft/ messed coarsely
- 1 tsp fennel seeds/aniseeds
- 2 tbs finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp baking powder
- bit of water if need to make like thick batter
- 1 tbs oil to spread in the baking tray
- 1tsp salt or accoding to your taste
- 1tsp paprika powder or chilli powder (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C. Boil the lentils in pressure cooker or take tinned lentil and mess them coarsely. Mix all ingredients with the help of spoon. add water drop by drop to make a fine thick batter
- Take a baking tray, spread oil on bottom and sides. Add batter into it and bake 20-25 min at 180C till it settle and become fluffy. Check with the knife.
- Cool it down and cut in pieces. Serve warm or cool with tomato or chilli sauce
Instead of lentils, chickpeas (desi- type) could be used. Non split lentils with seed coat as preferred as a healthier option otherwise use split lentils. Split lentils will take less time to soften. For a hotter option add chopped green chillies.
Any chopped vegetable/minced meat additions could be done. e.g spinach, capsicum, mushrooms with minced chicken or beef.
Great snack/meal for kids.