Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ red onion, cut into petals
- ½ red capsicum, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli (optional)
- 6 button mushrooms, quartered
- ½ medium sized sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3 cm cubes
- 440 g tin of lentils
- 440 g tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach or half a packet frozen spinach
- salt and pepper
- coriander, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and spices, until aromatic, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and capsicum and cook for a further minute or two.
- Add tinned tomatoes, stock and sweet potato. Cook for about 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Add chick peas, lentils and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes, until pulses are heated through and spinach has wilted.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with quinoa, cous cous or brown rice, and natural yoghurt.