Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbs Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 400g can cooked brown lentils
- 400g can cooked chickpeas
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ cup shallots
- ½ cup coriander
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup extra plain flour for dusting
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, fry garlic, ginger, red curry paste and coconut cream until fragrant. About 2 mins. Set aside curry paste mixture and let cool.
- In a food processor, combine lentils, chickpeas, lime juice, soy sauce, shallots, coriander, cashews and egg and pulse until thoroughly combined. Does not have to be super smooth, just a rough paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add flour and cooled curry paste to the lentil mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Form into uniform balls. If mixture is too wet add a bit more flour. Dust balls with extra flour before cooking.
- Shallow fry or deep fry balls in vegetable oil.
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.