Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 x 400g can butter beans (or cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup no added salt or sugar peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup plain flour (white or wholemeal)
- 2 tblsp custard powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g white chocoalte, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, divided
- 1/3 cup strawberry or raspberry jam, warmed
- Preaheat oven to 180 deg C (160 deg C fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
- In a food processor, combine beans, peanut butter, egg, sugar and vanilla. Process until smooth and combined.
- Add flour, custard powder, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Process until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate and spoon mixture into prepared pan, smoothing the top. Dollop the jam over the mixture, and use a knife to marble. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until top is set. Cool, cut and enjoy!
Do not overbake as the blondies should be gooey when you cut them!