Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 20
Cooking time: 1 hr (total)
- 1kg jap pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1x 400g tin lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place pumpkin, extra Virgin olive oil and curry paste in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Place on prepared tray and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 160 degrees celsius.
- Once pumpkin has cooled, place in large mixing bowl and gently toss with lentils, ricotta and coriander.
- Place 1/4 of the pumpkin mixture in a line widthwise – 4cm from the end and 4cm each side. Roll up half way, fold in the sides and continue rolling to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining mixture & filo.
- Place rolls on baking tray & brush lightly with oil. Bake on top shelf for 30-40minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven and serve with freshly blanched green beans.
1. Pumpkin can be steamed in the microwave & then tossed with curry & oil to fasten process.