Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 200 g pre-soaked yellow lentil; 2 tsb of minced garlic, half an onion(finely chopped), 1 tsp Shan curry powder, oil
- 150g pre-soakedblace-eyed pea, 200g chicken meat, 50g pre-soaked Asian mushroom, 1tsb of oyster source, 1 tsb of minced garlic
- turkish bread ;5g coriander; 1 tomatoes
- Add 1.5 tbsps of oil to the frying pan and place on the stove. When you see small bubbles coming out from the oil, add in 1 tbsp minced garlic and the finely sliced onion, and fry until lightly browned and the fragrance comes out.
- Drain the yellow lentils and add to the frying pan. Fry for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add water as necessary until the lentils are half covered in water. Mix in the curry powder and continue adding water until the lentils are 75% covered. Return to the stove and cook until almost soft to the touch or until texture suits your preference.
- When the lentils are cooked, remove the lentils from the frying pan but leave some of the juices in the pan. Add the chicken and the remaining minced garlic. Fry the chicken for 5 minutes and then add in the mushrooms and black eyed peas. Add 1 tsp of oyster sauce and water to just barely cover the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking until both the peas and mushrooms are soft before removing from heat.
- chop up the coriander and tomatoes to set on top of the lentil curry and the chicken stew as garnish. Heat up some turkish bread to go with the curry and stew
Need to soak lentil, black-eyed peas and mushroom beforehand