Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 5
Cooking time: 15
- 1 piece large roti bread (or any flatbread substitute)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 can of cannellini beans (or your preferred beans)
- handful of mushrooms chopped
- 1 boccocini ball
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Press the roti bread into tin lining the bottom and sides. Use more pieces if you need to make sure there is full coverage. Place the tin in the oven for 5 minutes to lightly crisp the bread.
- Whisk the eggs. Throw in the chopped mushrooms and spinach, and the beans. Add dried chilli and garlic. Tear the boccocini ball into pieces and fold through the mixture.
- Remove the roti bread from the oven. Pour the egg mixture into the tin and return to the oven. Cook for 15 minutes or until egg is firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Remove the loaf from the tin by lifting it by the baking paper. Cut into slices and eat on the run!
This is a great snack or breakfast choice for tradies, farmers, kids, mums and anyone on the run. It has lot of protein to keep you going all day and you can substitute ingredients to use up vegies in the fridge or to cater for allergies. It’s really quick and easy and I baked it while I was in the shower!