This salad is a fantastic dish to enjoy any time of the day. With kale, spinach and broccoli and a delicious crunch from green apples and Kellogg’s Special K, this salad is a must try!
- 1 handful curly kale
- 1 handful baby spinach
- A couple of broccoli florets
- Half a green apple, julienned
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- A handful Kellogg’s® Special K®
- 1 poached egg
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- A handful sunflower seeds, for sprinkling
- Finely chop the kale, spinach & broccoli (including stems).
- Toss in a bowl with the sliced apple & lemon juice.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper then scatter through a handful of Kellogg’s® Special K®.
- Serve topped with a perfectly poached egg, slices of ripe avocado and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Meg Hewitt developed specially for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney, take a look at the Kellogg’s Open for Breakfast website for more recipes.