Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- 1 red apple, cored and chopped (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan with the water and cinnamon. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk, apple and sultanas, cook for another 5 minutes then stir in hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Recipe kindly provided by Nuts for Life – for more recipes visit their website here.