Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 x 46g sachet of UNCLE TOBYS Super Blends Prebiotic Fibre – Turmeric & Coconut
- 1 pear, peeled, quartered and cored
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp crushed walnuts, to serve
- ¼ cup (30g) blueberries, to serve
- To prepare the pear, place water, maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, and stir over a medium-heat and bring to a boil. Add the pear and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes or until pear is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, cook the pumpkin for 1.5 minutes in the microwave or until tender. Once softened, mash with a fork until it forms a smooth texture. Set aside.
- Cook the oats as per packet instructions with skim milk. Set aside.
- To serve, fold porridge mixture through pumpkin puree. Top with the poached pear. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and berries.
Recipe kindly provided by Uncle Tobys – for more recipes visit their website here.