Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup freekeh, cooked following packet directions, drained and cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups rocket
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint leaves, plus extra leaves, for garnish
- 400g can Edgell Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, shaved with vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup roasted red capsicum strips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest of half a lemon and juice from 1
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Lightly coat chicken tenderloins with oil and thread onto small wooden skewers. Heat a BBQ or grill plate and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Combine freekeh, rocket, mint, Edgell Black Beans, onion, capsicum and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a screw top jar to make a dressing. Season to taste and toss gently through salad. Serve with chicken tenderloins and garnish with extra mint leaves.
Cracked wheat freekeh and whole grain freekeh are generally available in supermarkets and most speciality food stores. If using whole grain freekeh, allow a slightly longer cooking time.
Recipe kindly provided by Edgell – for more recipes please visit their website.