Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup freekah, cooked following packet directions, drained and cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups rocket
- ¼ cup shredded fresh mint leaves, plus extra leaves, for garnish
- 400g can Edgell Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, shaved with vegetable peeler
- ½ cup roasted red capsicum strips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest of half a lemon and juice from 1
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Lightly coat chicken tenderloins with oil and thread onto small wooden skewers. Heat a BBQ or grill plate and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Combine freekeh, rocket, mint, Edgell Black Beans, onion, capsicum and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a screw top jar to make a dressing. Season to taste and toss gently through salad. Serve with chicken tenderloins and garnish with extra mint leaves.
Tip: Cracked wheat freekeh and wholegrain freekeh are generally available in supermarkets and most speciality food stores. If using wholegrain freekeh, allow a slightly longer cooking time.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Edgell, for more recipes please visit their website.