Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
4 medium desiree or low-GI potatoes
1 x 420g can baked beans
½ cup frozen corn kernels
½ cup frozen green peas
40g grated tasty cheese
Green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Halve potatoes lengthways and place on a baking tray, cut-side up. Bake potatoes for 40 minutes or until soft enough to scoop out centre.
- Combine baked beans, corn and peas in a bowl. Scoop a little of the potato out of the centre of each half, chop and add to the baked bean mix.
- Overfill each potato with mixture and top with cheese. Place under a hot grill for 10 minutes or until mixture has warmed through and cheese has melted and started to brown. Serve warm.
- Try half mashed baked beans and half mashed sweet potato for a low-GI topping on your next shepherd’s or cottage pie.
- Make ahead and reheat to serve.
- Wrap leftovers individually in foil and freeze. Can then be reheated in the oven for a quick snack.
- To lower sodium, try no added salt canned varieties.