Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon paprika, ground
- 3 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ purple cabbage, chopped
- ¾ cup sprouts
- 4 eggs
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place sweet potato on a lined baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes or until soft.
- After the sweet potato has been roasting for 10 minutes, add chickpeas to a lined baking tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with paprika.
- Meanwhile, to prepare salad, spread mixed lettuce leaves on the bottom of a bowl or plate. Layer the salad ingredients on top (avocado, cherry tomatoes, cabbage and sprouts).
- 5 minutes before sweet potato and chickpeas have finished baking, place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Remove eggs from pan and run under cool water. Carefully remove shell and add to salad.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a small jar and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, sweet potato and chickpeas to salad and mix in salad dressing. Season with pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Recipe and image kindly provided by Anna & Alex at The Biting Truth, for more recipes please visit their website.