Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 10 small whole grain or wholemeal tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 x 400g can Edgell Black Beans
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 sachet tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Fresh coriander leaves and finely julienned capsicum strips, for serving
- Microwave tortillas following packet directions to soften. Grease a large sized muffin pan and gently press a tortilla in each to form a cup. Cook in a preheated oven at 200°C for 5-7 minutes or until tortillas start to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to set and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion, garlic and mince and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat and stir in drained and rinsed Edgell Black Beans, capsicum, tomatoes, tomato paste and tabasco sauce.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until thickened.
- Divide beef mixture evenly between cups. Top each with a sprinkle of cheese and combined coriander and capsicum. Serve immediately.
Recipe kindly provided by Edgell – for more recipes visit their website.