Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices Bürgen® Rye bread, toasted and cut into triangles
- 2 (70g) falafel
- 2 tbsps tahini paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp smoky paprika
- 1 cup (70g) red cabbage, shredded
- ½ (40g) carrot, grated
- ½ (70g) Lebanese cucumber, grated
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Put the falafels on to a piece of aluminium foil and sprinkle with a little water. Enclose in the foil and heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tahini with the lemon juice and then, using a whisk, add enough warm water to make a smooth paste. Season with ground white pepper.
- In a bowl combine the cabbage, carrot, cucumber and herbs; transfer to a serving bowl. Slice falafels in half and serve on top of the vegetables with the triangles of rye toast and tahini sauce.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Burgen.