Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- ¾ cup brown rice
- ¼ cup black or wild rice
- 1 ½ cup veggie stock
- 2 cups of mixed chopped veggies (carrot, squash, zucchini, mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® All Bran®
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 portions salmon
- a dash of oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons: olive oil
1. Place rice and stock in a saucepan and cook covered on a low heat. Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, keep the pot covered whilst preparing the rest of the dish, and the rice will keep cooking off the heat.
2. In a small saucepan, fry garlic, curry powder, celery and chopped veggies with a dash of olive oil for one minute.
3. Toss through the rice mixture adding the chopped parsley and All Bran®.
4. Grill the salmon to your liking and serve on top of the rice pilaf with a wedge of lemon.
5. Whisk the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salmon and rice.
Recipe developed specially for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney, take a look at the Kellogg’s Open for Breakfast website for more recipes.