Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup black or wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups veggie stock
- 2 cups of mixed chopped veggies (carrot, squash, zucchini, mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® All Bran®
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 portions salmon
- A dash of oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place rice and stock in a saucepan and cook covered on a low heat. Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, keep the pot covered whilst preparing the rest of the dish, and the rice will keep cooking off the heat.
- In a small saucepan, fry garlic, curry powder, celery and chopped veggies with a dash of olive oil for one minute.
- Grill the salmon to your liking and serve on top of the rice pilaf with a wedge of lemon.
- Toss through the rice mixture adding the chopped parsley and All Bran®.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salmon and rice.
Recipe kindly provided by Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney – for more recipes visit the Kellogg’s Open for Breakfast website.