Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 400g can Edgell Chick Peas, drained
- 500g lamb mince
- ½ small red capsicum, finely chopped
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Oil, for cooking
- Burger buns, lettuce, grilled vegetables, relish, pickled red onions and chips, for serving
- Place half of the Edgell Chick Peas into a food processor and process lightly until chick peas resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Spoon into a large bowl with mince, capsicum, BBQ sauce, breadcrumbs, spring onion and parsley. Mix to combine well.
- Using wet hands shape into 8 patties, refrigerate for 20 minutes. Pan fry or BBQ for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Assemble burgers as desired.
Top Tip: Use a half cup measure to make patties.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Edgell, for more recipes please visit their website.