Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 14 burgers
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 430g can brown lentils
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 2 tbs Sanitarium crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbs tomato paste with garlic and herbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp dried basil leaves
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooked brown short-grain rice
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs, extra
- 2 tbs oil
- Place all ingredients, except the extra breadcrumbs and oil, in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, shape the mixture into 14 burgers. Coat with the extra breadcrumbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1tbs oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook half the burgers over medium heat for 5 minutes each side until golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the second batch of burgers, using the remaining oil.
- Serve in burger buns with salad or coleslaw.
© Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company.
For more Sanitarium recipes please go to: www.sanitarium.com.au/recipes.