Makes: 14 burgers
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 430g can brown lentils
- 1 teaspoon Marmite
- 2 tablespoons Sanitarium crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste with garlic and herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooked brown short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry whole grain breadcrumbs, plus extra to coat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Place all ingredients, except the extra breadcrumbs and oil, in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, shape the mixture into 14 burgers. Coat with the extra breadcrumbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook half the burgers over medium heat for 5 minutes each side until golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the second batch of burgers, using the remaining oil.
- Serve in burger buns with salad or coleslaw.
Recipe kindly provided by Sanitarium – for more Sanitarium recipes please go to their website here.