Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g can Edgell Brown Lentils, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 300g butternut pumpkin, sliced
- Oil spray
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup rocket Balsamic dressing, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add brown onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato paste and cumin and cook for a further minute. Remove from heat and combine with brown lentils, egg, breadcrumbs and coriander.
- Place half the mixture into a food processor and process until the consistency resembles a paste. Remove and combine with remaining mixture. Using a heaped tablespoon of mixture for each kofta, shape on soaked wooden skewers and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine capsicum, red onion, zucchini and butternut pumpkin with remaining oil. Grill vegetables on both sides until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Spray koftas with oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes, turning continuously. Toss grilled vegetables with corn kernels, rocket and balsamic dressing. Top with koftas and serve.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Edgell, for more recipes please visit their website.