Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g can Edgell Brown Lentils, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 300g butternut pumpkin, sliced
- Oil spray
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup rocket
- Balsamic dressing, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add brown onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato paste and cumin and cook for a further minute. Remove from heat and combine with brown lentils, egg, breadcrumbs and coriander.
- Place half the mixture into a food processor and process until the consistency resembles a paste. Remove and combine with remaining mixture. Using a heaped tablespoon of mixture for each kofta, shape on soaked wooden skewers and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine capsicum, red onion, zucchini and butternut pumpkin with remaining oil. Grill vegetables on both sides until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Spray koftas with oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes, turning continuously. Toss grilled vegetables with corn kernels, rocket and balsamic dressing. Top with koftas and serve.
Recipe kindly provided by Edgell – for more recipes please visit their website.