Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 420g Heinz Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp Middle Eastern Baharat (spice mix)
- 4 x Middle Eastern flatbread
- 8 Cos lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 lemon wedges
- Place Heinz Baked Beanz, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning together in a food processor and blend until a smooth puree.
- Combine marinade ingredients and add the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes. Thread chicken pieces onto 8 skewers and BBQ on a hot grill plate for 3 – 4 minutes each side.
- To assemble; place a warmed flatbread on each plate. Top with a smearing of bean puree, lettuce leaves and tomato. Place two chicken skewers on top and finish with a generous dollop of bean puree and a wedge of lemon.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Heinz, visit their website for more recipes.