Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small (about 400g total) chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 425g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Combine the zest, paprika, 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 teaspoons olive oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa and 1 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 12–15 minutes, or until water is absorbed and quinoa is al dente.
- Meanwhile, steam, boil or microwave the green beans for 2–3 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat a large chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate over medium-high heat. Drain the chicken of excess marinade and grill for 3–4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Divide the quinoa between 4 bowls. Top each with some black beans, green beans, cherry tomatoes, avocado and 2 chicken tenderloins. Whisk together the remaining lime juice and olive oil Drizzle the dressing over each quinoa bowl, and serve.
Recipe kindly provided by the Australian Healthy Food Guide – for more recipes visit their website.