Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 x 150g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 x 250g bunch green asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 8-16 (200g) baby carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon aioli (recipe below)
- Place the stock and water in a saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and leave to simmer.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat; add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes until the onion is soft. Add the rice and stir until the rice grains are coated. Add a cup of stock and stir until the liquid is completely absorbed. Continue cooking the rice, adding only a cup of stock at a time, until the rice is tender, about 25–30 minutes. Add more liquid if required. Stir in the dill.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a medium heat and spray with the oil. Place the fish on the griddle with the asparagus. Cook the fish for 5–8 minutes, turning once and the asparagus for a further 2–5 minutes if needed, turning as required. Set aside, cover with foil and keep hot.
- Steam or microwave the carrots. Serve the risotto, topped with the fish, a dollop of aioli, carrots and asparagus.
Aioli (Garlic Mayonnaise)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola or soy bean oil mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Place mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Serve with Dill Risotto with Char-Grilled Salmon and Asparagus, Baby Carrots or as desired.
Recipe sourced with permission from ‘Eat to Beat Cholesterol’.