Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice
- 200g frozen edamame beans
- 300g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free reduced-salt tamari
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 185g hot smoked salmon fillet, skin removed, flaked
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, sliced thinly
- Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Place rice in a saucepan with 2 cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30–35 minutes, or until water has evaporated and rice is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Steam edamame and broccoli for 2 minutes. Refresh under cold running water and drain.
- Add oil and half of the tamari to rice; stir. Divide rice between four bowls, top with edamame, broccoli, spinach, avocado, salmon and ginger. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with a drizzle of remaining tamari.
Recipe kindly provided by the Australian Healthy Food Guide – for more recipes please visit their website.