Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices Bürgen® Wholegrain & Oats bread, toasted and cut into triangles
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 green onion or shallot, sliced finely
- ¼ tsp smoky paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 free range egg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsps finely chopped curly parsley
- Put the tomatoes, onion, paprika and oregano into a small non-stick frying pan and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Make a deep well in the cooked tomatoes and break an egg into the hole.
- Cover with a lid and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Season with freshly ground black pepper, top with parsley and serve with toast triangles.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Burgen.