Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 slice Bürgen® Rye bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped finely
- ½ (120g) leek, chopped finely
- ¼ cup (20g) grated carrot
- 2 tbsps curly parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsps finely grated Parmesan
- 1 large red capsicum, halved lengthways
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the garlic and leek. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until leek is softly golden. Remove from heat and stir through the carrot, herbs, Parmesan and torn bread.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and add the capsicum halves; fill with the bread mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Burgen.