Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cooked whole grains – try a mix of farro, freekeh, quinoa, teff and brown rice to taste
- 1/4 cup tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Aussie walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Fresh sprouts or shoots, to finish
- Steam broccoli florets over boiling water for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork all over and microwave for 5 minutes until cooked through. Once cool, cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking red wine vinegar, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together to combine.
- Assemble bowl by arranging grains alongside sweet potato, broccoli and chickpeas. Top with avocado and walnuts.
- Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with sesame seeds and sprouts. Serve immediately.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Walnuts Australia.