Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 120g brown rice or quinoa
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cups mixed raw or cooked veggies, such as sliced tomatoes, onions, cabbage, cucumber, capsicum
- 1 cup leafy greens
- Hummus or guacamole to taste
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds, such as pepitas, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
- Optional: leftover shredded chicken, salmon or crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the brown rice or quinoa as per pack instructions.
- Mix the chickpeas with the tsp olive oil, spices and seasoning to taste and place in a baking dish in the preheated oven for 15 minutes – shake half way through.
- Make your dressing by combining the EVOO, lemon juice and tahini with seasoning to taste.
- Divide the brown rice or quinoa, veg, leafy greens, chickpeas and a tablespoon or two of the hummus or guacamole between two bowls. Drizzle the dressing over and top with a sprinkling of seeds.
- Top with the chicken, salmon or feta if using.
Mix it up and use wheat berries or buckwheat instead of quinoa.