Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 30
Cooking time: 20
As the Bara is served either with TOMATO, CUMIN AND MUSTARD SAUCE OR MEAT ORIENTED SAUCE. WE ARE DOING RECIPES for both the sauces:
Tomato, Cumin and Mustard Sauce
200 g Tomato
¼ tsp Mustard seed (yellow)
¼ tsp Cumin seed
Salt to taste
4-6 leaves Mint
1. Heat oil in a little pan and add mustard seed and cumin seed and cook till dark brown.
2. Add the tomato to the pan and add salt as well
3. Leave them to cook until tomatoes cook.
4. After that leave them to cool down and then blend it with the mint leaves and the sauce is ready to be served
Chicken and Chickpea Sauce
100 ml Chicken Stock
20gm Chickpeas cooked
Salt To taste
Pepper To taste
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
¼ onion finely chopped
¼ tsp Garlic
¼ tsp Fennel Seed
1. Heat oil in a pan and add fennel seed and cook until golden brown.
2. Then add onion and garlic together and cook until they sweat. Add the turmeric, pepper and salt after sweating and then add chickpeas
3. Finally add chicken stock and reduce it by 3 quarters.
4. Finally blend the sauce with chickpeas and it will be ready to go with the Bara.
Recipe courtesy of 2016 International Year of Pulses Australian Signature Dish Recipe Competition, entered by Jagadish Ghimire, SA.