Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- 460g cooked chickpeas
- 4 x 60g free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g grated pumpkin
- 200g leek, sliced thinly and washed thoroughly
- 200g feta, cubed
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan and saute’ leek until soft, add curry powder and cook for 1 minute, set aside.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor bowl and roughly process, transfer to a medium bowl, add leek mixture to chickpeas and add the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Shape into 12 burgers using a 1/4 cup measure.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and spray with a small amount of olive oil, cook burgers on each side until golden.
For a delicious satisfying main meal serve burgers in between a fresh multi-grain roll with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, cheese and topped of with home made tomato chutney.
Recipe courtesy of 2016 International Year of Pulses Australian Signature Dish Recipe Competition, entered by Christina Brand, VIC.