Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup McKenzie’s French Style Lentils
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 250g frozen or fresh broad beans
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsely, coarsly chopped
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 400g lamb back-strap or fillets
- Cook the lentils as per packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the onion, tomato, vinegar and oil in a bowl. Add the warm lentils and toss to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly. Add the beans and parsley to the lentil mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan on high heat and spray with olive oil. Cook the lamb for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a place. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice lamb. Divide the lentil mixture amongst plates and top with lamb.
This recipe was kindly supplied by McKenzie’s Foods, please visit the McKenzie’s website for more recipes.