Difficulty of recipe preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup McKenzie’s French Style Lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs Djion mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tin whole baby beets, drained and cut in half
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium saucepan bring the French Style Lentils, water and bay leaf to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain off any excess water and remove the bay leaf.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, seeded mustard, crushed garlic, salt & black pepper. Pour dressing over warm lentils and lightly toss.
- In a serving bowl, lightly toss the dressed lentils together with the red onion, baby beets, parsley and coriander. Top with crumbled feta.
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzie’s Foods, for more recipes visit their website.