Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup McKenzie’s SuperBlend Protein
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon; zest & juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs capers
- 1/2 cup currants
- 2 tbs McKenzie’s Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup McKenzie’s Flaked Almonds , toasted
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbs honey
- In a medium saucepan with 3 cups of boiling water, add 1 cup SuperBlend Protein. Cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally for approximately 15 minutes or until grains are tender. Drain and rinse well.
- Add SuperBlend Protein to a large bowl with red onion, coriander, parsley, ;lemon zest and juice, olive oil, capers and currants. Gently combine. Add pine nuts, sunflower seeds and flaked almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine feta cheese, honey and toasted cumin seeds. Serve salad on plates or large platter and top with crumbled feta, honey and toasted cumin mixture.
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzie’s Foods, for more recipes visit their website.