Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup tomato passata (tomato purée)
- 1L salt-reduced chicken stock
- ½ cup wholemeal small pasta shapes
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 100g green beans, 2cm lengths
- 1 x 420g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onions. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until golden brown. Add carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, passata, stock and pasta and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally until pasta is almost cooked.
- Add zucchini, green beans and kidney beans and cook, covered, for 5-10 minutes until green beans are just tender.
- Serve with a little grated parmesan, freshly chopped parsley and black pepper.