Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice
- 350g frozen edamame in pods
- 300g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free reduced-salt tamari
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 185g hot smoked salmon fillet, skin removed, flaked
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, sliced thinly
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Place rice in a saucepan with 2 cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30–35 minutes, or until water has evaporated and rice is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Steam edamame and broccoli for 2 minutes. Refresh under cold running water, drain and remove edamame from pods.
- Add oil and half of the tamari to rice; stir. Divide rice between four bowls, top with edamame, broccoli, spinach, avocado, salmon and ginger. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with a drizzle of remaining tamari.
Recipe courtesy of the Australian Healthy Food Guide – for more of their delicious recipes please visit their website.