Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 300g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3-5 sprigs of mint, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 30g unsalted butter, extra for toast
- 1 tsp Sea salt flakes
- 1-2 slices of Sourdough, toasted
- 50g watercress or rocket leaves
- 25g Pecorino cheese, shaved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place peas, garlic, mint and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse to a coarse purée/smash pea mixture.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter.
- When butter is melted and bubbling add pea purée and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and extra lemon juice if necessary.
- Serve on buttered sourdough toast with a side of the Watercress/Rocket leaves and sprinkle with Pecorino cheese shavings.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to your taste.
Recipe and image courtesy of Birds Eye – for more recipes visit their website here.