Makes: 12 large cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps golden syrup
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix oats, flour, coconut and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Mix together the golden syrup, olive oil and 2 tbsps water in a microwave-proof bowl and heat for 20 seconds.
- Carefully add the baking soda to the golden syrup mixture and whisk to combine.
- Mix the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Use a teaspoon to drop spoonfuls of the biscuit mix onto the baking tray, leaving plenty of space between them as they will spread. Flatten the tops slightly with wet fingers.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.