Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices Bürgen® Pumpkin Seeds bread, toasted
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- ½ stick celery, sliced finely
- ½ carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 200g canned white beans, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp olive margarine
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped finely
- Preheat grill.
- Put the oil into a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Add the celery, carrot, stock and water; simmer for 5 minutes. Add the white beans and parsley and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine margarine and garlic in a small bowl and spread over the toasted bread. Grill until lightly golden; cut into fingers.
- Serve the soup with the garlic toast fingers.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Burgen.