Preparation Time: 15mins
Cooking Time: 30mins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 500g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 litres chicken stock (salt reduced)
- ½ cup quinoa
- 300g smoked fish fillet (trout or mackeral), skin removed and broken into large pieces
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leek and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Add the paprika and potatoes and cook until the potato starts to soften. Stir in the stock and bring to boil. Add the quinoa and boil for 20 minutes or until the potato and quinoa are soft.
- Add the smoked fish, season with sea salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine the coriander and lime zest in a bowl. Divide the soup between serving bowls, swirl through the zesty herb mix and serve.
Recipe kindly provided by Jody Vassallo (http://www.jodyvassallo.com/).