Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut in half, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup dry macaroni
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 200g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 8 Bakers Delight Cape Seed rolls
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, garlic, carrots and celery and sauté about 5 minutes, until softened. Add in zucchini, green beans, capsicum and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes, water, parsley, sugar, season with salt and pepper to taste and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and allow soup to gently boil, uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Add in macaroni then cover and cook 20 minutes longer.
- Add cannellini beans, chickpeas, and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, carefully cut the rolls in half horizontally. Scoop out the inside of the rolls with your hands, set aside to make breadcrumbs for another recipe. Place rolls on a baking tray and place in oven for 10 minutes to warm up.
- Spoon the soup into each roll and top with the top of the rolls to form a lid, and serve immediately.
Recipe kindly provided by Bakers Delight – for more recipes visit their website here.