Makes: 15 biscuits
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 1 ¼ cups of plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup Uncle Tobys Traditional Oats
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1½ tablespoons boiling water
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted.
- Mix the bicarb soda with 1½ tablespoons boiling water and add to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe kindly provided by Uncle Tobys – for more recipes visit their website here.