Sunday 10 February is the first ever World Pulses Day, celebrating all things beans, peas and lentils across the globe. We’re singing the praises of the humble pea – often overlooked as a legume – peas are an easy and tasty way of upping your veggie and legume intake.
Peas are packed full of essential nutrients to help maintain our health, including fibre – just 1/2 cup of peas provides us with a fifth of our daily fibre intake.
Fresh, frozen or dried, there’s a recipe to suit, so give peas a chance this World Pulses Day and take inspiration from our 10 ways with peas…
1. Add a sprinkle of green peas to your pasta
2. Pep up your salad and add some fresh green peas for a summery feel
3. Smash those peas and use to top your toast!
4. Pack your stir-fry with a pea punch
5. Easy peasy dip made easy!
6. Colour your breakfast with green by adding to your omelette!
7. No avocados? No problem! Try guacamole-pea by using fresh green peas for a light alternative
8. Looking for something different to try for a lazy brunch this weekend? Then why not give pea pancakes a bash?
9. Snack happy on yummy and crunchy roasted peas
10. Add to a frittata for a quick and fuss free reciPEA!