The Grains and Legumes Nutrition Council (GLNC) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that was established in 2008. Our mission is to encourage Australians to make healthy choices by incorporating grains and legumes into their diet.
Our organisation is made up of a dedicated team of professionals who are passionate about promoting the nutritional benefits of grains and legumes. We work closely with health professionals, government agencies, industry partners, and the wider community to increase awareness and understanding of the important role that grains and legumes play in a healthy diet.
Our activities include developing educational resources and campaigns, conducting research and providing evidence-based information to health professionals and consumers. We also work to improve the quality and variety of grains and legumes available to Australians through industry engagement and development programs.
At GLNC, we are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of Australians through better nutrition. We believe that by working together, we can make a positive difference in the health of our community.
As a values-based organisation underpinned by evidence-based information, we operate under the following core values:
Integrity – GLNC ensures an ethical, scientific and evidence-based approach
Trust – GLNC builds trust with stakeholders and the community through the information we provide
Credibility – GLNC maintains independence and standing amongst stakeholders and the community
GLNC works within four key pillars.
- GLNC uses evidence in health and disease to support the industry.
- Generate publications and presentations supporting messaging, creating a reputational advantage and building credibility.
- GLNC leverages trend to drive product innovation to support claims and product positioning.
- GLNC highlights nutrition as a key driver for product choice and growth.
- By promoting innovative products, GLNC helps drive interest in higher value grain and legume products.
- Through advocacy, GLNC ensures grain and legume foods are positioned correctly within policy.
- GLNC uses a range of communication strategies & tools for promotion efforts.
- GLNC uses evidence to drive consumption and corrects misinformation.
Annual Report FY23
Read about our latest achievements and programs in the Annual Report.
Annual Report FY23