GLNC is the independent authority on the nutrition and health benefits of grains and legumes.
GLNC is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee and a recognised health promotion charity. As the independent authority on the nutrition and health benefits of grains and legumes, GLNC provides a platform for organisations from across the grains and legumes value chain that have a pre-competitive interest in promoting the health and nutrition benefits of grains, grain-based foods and legumes. As the independent authority on the nutrition and health benefits of grains and legumes, GLNCs mission is to promote grains & legumes as part of a balanced diet through evidence-based information, while supporting the industry to benefit all Australians.
As a values based organisation underpinned by evidence-based information, we operate under the following core values:
Integrity – GLNC ensures an ethical, scientific and evidence-based approach
Trust – GLNC builds trust with stakeholders and the community in the information we provide
Credibility – GLNC maintains independence and standing amongst stakeholders and the community
2020 – 2022 Strategic Plan
GLNC launched the 2020 – 2022 Strategic Plan on 1 July 2020. The two-year plan provides a clear and transparent direction for the Council. As part of the 2020 – 2022 Strategic Plan, GLNC works within four key pillars…
- GLNC uses evidence in health and disease to support the industry.
- Generate publications and presentations supporting messaging, creating a reputational advantage and building credibility.
- GLNC leverages trends driving product innovation to support claims and product positioning.
- GLNC highlights nutrition as a key driver for product choice and growth.
- By promoting innovative products, GLNC helps drive interest in higher value grain and legume products.
- Through advocacy, GLNC ensures grain and legume foods are positioned correctly within policy.
- GLNC uses a range of communication strategies & tools for promotion efforts.
- GLNC uses evidence to drive consumption and corrects misinformation.